Friday, February 11, 2011

A Bowl Of Rice Cartoon

Where to eat ... Miss Martinsky shopper (I)

Copying section "Where come ... " (every week, a famous ranks of those dots) of the journal Metropolis (Friday to World, do not miss it), I will answer to a question from a loyal follower. truffle is called Ascension and I write from Gerona. You will visit Madrid this weekend and wants me, Miss Martinsky shopper, I recommend three of my favorite restaurants. This lady wants to try new things, and as fanérrima (or super-fan) on my blog, just want to know how and where to eat dinner when I go out to emulate my steps in the big city. Hopefully you read this in time Mrs. Truffles and take good note!

1. Mumbai Massala (Recoletos, 14. Retirement / Renfe: Recoletos). Indian elegantón. The care is wonderful and the food, too, though with somewhat westernized tastes. Not cheap, but I'll ask noon and the menu (€ 14.75 + VAT) which includes basmati rice, samosas (turnovers typical) and chicken tandoor , among other specialties. For dessert, tea Hindu. Website: http://mumbaimassala.com/

Mumbai Massala.
2. Krüger (Princess, 5. Plaza of Spain). German beer hidden in the basement of the Plaza of the Cubes. The well-known amateur film buffs VO of Renoir. Offers a wide variety of beers and eating, my favorites are the German potato salad and sausages (I ask for much a dish called Mit Kraut Balupo , a sausage with bacon and cheese wrapped in pasta sauerkraut and mashed potatoes). They also have shank, and all at incredible prices. For dessert, apple strudel, typical Germanic cake with raisins and apple. Website: http://www.restaurantekruger.com/


3. Casa Julio (Wood, 37 Tribunal) . fans can not miss the croquettes. They have them with ham, cheese, tuna and caramelized onions, minced meat, spinach and gorgonzola cheese and raisins, sausage ... Six patties, 4 €, 12 units, 8 €. And filling! You should go early, around 20h if you want dinner, because it is filled and there are cakes to get a stool. Its three or four tables are not reserved. And a curiosity: in this centenary local (opened in the years 20), the band U2 was recording video and taking some tapas with wine. Website: http://barcasajulio.com/ .

Luis Torres, owner, with her mother, Maite Gil croquettes she does! (Photo: El País)
PS: If I liked it in the next issue I will speak of three others. "Had some knowledge of these sites? Are you going to go now that I have recommended you, as will Mrs. Ascension truffles? If you want to know more of the legendary local Madrid where tapas, what's coolest restaurants now or where are those American diners who are always open, you can check out the new guide Metropolis "Eating and Drinking in Madrid 2011" , on sale at newsstands and bookstores (FNAC, Casa del Libro ...). Super complete. And besides, I write! Another day I will tell you the Shop Guide also publishes Metropolis (and which I also write) the only guide in Madrid to go shopping !

0 comments:

Post a Comment